- トップTop Page
- 国内リリースDomestic Releases
- 海外リリースOverseas Releases
- リリース検索Search News Releases
- サービスガイドPR Wire Services
- 会社概要Kyodo News PR Wire
TOKYO, Feb. 14 /Kyodo JBN/–
Press and Public Relations Division
Chiba Prefectural Government
Foreign Residents in Chiba Enjoy Picking Strawberries, Soaking in Hot Springs; Report Experience via Social Media as "CHI-BA+KUN Ambassadors"
A group of non-Japanese residents in Chiba Prefecture has toured selected places in the prefecture as "CHI-BA+KUN Ambassadors," who report on the prefecture’s points of interest such as tourism, cuisine, and culture through blogs, Facebook, and other social media.
After the tour, the participants reported their hands-on experience via social media, introducing Chiba on the web on the basis of their respective national and regional viewpoints in their native languages. You are welcome to read their reports that describe their impressions of the prefecture.
Outline of tour
- Date: Saturday, January 18, 2014
- No. of participants: 16 (college students and working adults from nine countries/regions)
Details of tour
- The tour began with a visit to the Hayashi Strawberry Farm in the town of Tonosho near Narita Airport, where the ambassadors could pick and eat as many sweet and large strawberries as they wished. The berries were so delicious that the 30-minute time limit seemed to go by very quickly. The farm is located at Ro-1120 Sasagawa, Tonosho Town, Katori County.
- The next destination was the Museum of Choshi Chijimi Traditional Handicraft, where fabrics are dyed indigo blue through a traditional method. The ambassadors had the hands-on experience of dyeing and making one-of-a-kind handkerchiefs. The address of the museum is 3-228 Matsukishi-cho, Choshi City.
- Lunch was served at Ichiyama Ikesu restaurant located at 7387-5 Kurohai-cho, Choshi City, overlooking the Pacific Ocean. It consisted of sashimi, tempura and boiled/seasoned fish, all made from the fresh seafood that Choshi is famous for.
- The ambassadors then moved to Inubosaki Kanko Hotel, also in Choshi, for a very leisurely and relaxed experience, soaking in hot springs while enjoying the views of the Pacific and the Inubosaki lighthouse, the city’s landmark. They said they felt rejuvenated after the warm bath. The hotel is located at 10293 Inubosaki, Choshi.
For more information on the activities of CHI-BA+KUN Ambassadors, please visit: