CHIBA, Japan, Jan. 10 /Kyodo JBN/ –
Press and Public Relations Division,
Chiba Prefectural Government
Chiba Prefecture’s Governor to Conduct Campaign Blitz in Person in Malaysia
Governor Kensaku Morita of Chiba Prefecture will visit Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, from January 21 (Tuesday) to January 26 (Sunday), 2014.
With the slogan "Do you know Chiba, Japan?" the Governor will spread awareness of Chiba Prefecture and its location, and introduce the many things Chiba has to offer, including Narita Airport and the Tokyo Bay Aqualine, beautiful scenery and shopping, and delicious food and various experiences to try.
Outline of itinerary (planned)
January 22 (Wednesday)
Afternoon: Ministry of Tourism and Culture, Malaysia
* Meeting with Malaysian Minister of Tourism and Culture Nazri Aziz.
January 23 (Thursday)
Morning: Perdana Leadership Foundation
* Meeting with former Prime Minister Tun Mahathir bin Mohamad to exchange views on interchanges between Malaysia and Chiba Prefecture.
January 24 (Friday)
Morning: Bluebird Hotel
* Meeting with Mr. Nagahisa Oyama, CEO of the AEON retail group’s ASEAN business, and Ms. Mary Chew, CEO of AEON Malaysia.
* Visit the Chiba Fair, an event at the AEON Malaysia Mid Valley and Bandar Utama stores to be held for 4 days from January 22 (Wednesday) to January 25 (Saturday), selling sweet potatoes, peanuts, and strawberries grown in Chiba Prefecture. The Governor will visit the Mid Valley store.
Afternoon: Japanese restaurant "Ten"
* Kick-off events for "Sweets Fair": With the cooperation of "Ten," one of the best Japanese restaurants in Malaysia, a fair offering sweets made with strawberries and sweet potatoes grown in Chiba Prefecture will be held for six days from January 25 (Saturday) through January 30 (Thursday).
* In conjunction with the "Sweets Fair," the governor will hold a press conference for members of the press and bloggers in Malaysia, who will also be invited to try the sweets. Malaysia’s top model, Ms. Amber Chia, who visited Chiba Prefecture in October 2013, will also appear at the event.
Schedules and content of events are subject to change depending on future adjustments.