TOKYO, Dec. 19 / Kyodo JBN/–
NTT Resonant Inc.
Browser Version of Developers AppKitBox-Remote TestKit Now Available on Beta Test Basis, Making Verification of Smartphone Apps and Sites Easier
- World’s Fastest (*), Smooth Screen Transfer Speed Kept Intact, PC Installation of Client Software No More Needed -
NTT Resonant Inc. will soon begin to beta-test the web browser version of "Developers AppKitBox-Remote TestKit" (hereinafter referred to as Remote TestKit, http://appkitbox.com/en/testkit ), a cloud-based service for verifying smartphone apps and sites on a remote-control basis through the time-shared use of handsets.
The browser version can have Remote TestKit easily operate on the web without installing client software in PCs, a process which was previously necessary. The browser version will also allow corporate users who were previously unable to install client software under their security rules to use Remote TestKit on the web.
The current client version on offer is based on the assumption that its main users are developers, and thus focuses on the easiness of use at the time of development, giving priority to connection and other functions when using the Android Debug Bridge (ADB) tool. The browser version to be added this time can be used easily without installing client software, making it easier for developers, including web designers and service planners, to utilize Remote TestKit. Also, a single registered account enables the use of both client and browser versions, permitting the use of either version according to applications.
Although some handsets and functions are unavailable during the beta test, the browser version will offer the same fastest real-time screen transfer speed in the world (*) as the client PC version. Better still, the browser version can be accessed free of charge in the test period.
(*) As of December 19, 2013, based on an NTT Resonant survey.
1. About beta-testing of browser version of Remote TestKit
With the browser version now beta-tested in addition to the current version running on software-installed PCs, Remote TestKit will be much easier to use.
(1) Special features for browser version
– The browser version of Remote TestKit can be accessed just with a web browser without having to install client software in PCs.
– High-speed screen transfer is available with the browser version even when it is hooked up with multiple handsets.
– User interface is intuitive and easy to understand, including a method of installing application software (APK file, ipa file).
(2) Functions available with beta-test version
– Renting multiple handsets.
– Installing application software (APK file, ipa file).
– Rotating images on the screen.
–Starting browser of designated URL.
Some of functions to be added when offering full-fledged browser version
–Capturing multiple screenshots simultaneously.
–Recording still pictures and movies.
–Inputting GPS location information.
–Operating handsets with Android Debug Bridge (ADB) tool.
(3) Main handsets available for beta test
–LG Optimus L7 II Dual P715 (english)
–Motorola DROID RAZR HD (english)
–Samsung Galaxy Note (english)
–HTC Butterfly (english)
–Galaxy Mega 6.3 (english)
–Sony Xperia L (english)
–Xperia Z1 SO-01F (Japanese)
–AQUOS PHONE si SH-01E (Japanese)
–GALAXY S III Progre SCL21 (Japanese)
–Optimus bright L-07C (Japanese)
–Disney Mobile on docomo F-07E (Japanese)
–HTC J butterfly HTL21 (Japanese)
* During the beta test, handsets available for the test will change as needed.
* In introducing a full-fledged version, all handsets will become available for use.
(4) Browsers ready for use with browser version.
– Google Chrome (latest version)
*Browsers ready for the browser version will be expanded when full-fledged service is launched.
(5) User fee
The browser version of Remote TestKit will be available free of charge in the beta test period. Free use of both client PC and browser versions will be limited to 2 hours for every 24 hours.
2. How to use our services
Please log in to the "Developers AppKitBox-Remote TestKit." First-time users have to register before logging in.
URL for Developers AppKitBox-Remote TestKit: http://appkitbox.com/en/testkit
3. About future plans
We plan to begin offering in February 2014 a full-fledged Remote TestKit browser version, enhanced with more features and wider browser support, and meeting various user environments.
* Company names, services and products mentioned in this release are registered trademarks or trademarks of respective companies.
About NTT Resonant
NTT Resonant Inc. is a joint venture between NTT Communications and NTT DoCoMo. NTT Resonant provides top-class application services in Japan and the international market together with NTT Group companies.
For further information, please visit: http://www.nttr.co.jp/english/
Source: NTT Resonant Inc.